SSNEL provides a wide range of information, support and development for voluntary and community groups and social enterprises, including:
- Regular updates on funding opportunities, consultations, local news, volunteering roles and training courses
- One-to-one advice and guidance on setting up your group/organisation, funding, governance/committees, safeguarding, writing grants and tenders, partnerships, monitoring and evaluation and volunteering
- Training courses for staff, volunteers and trustees on issues like funding, governance and demonstrating impact
- Impartial partnership-building support/consortium development
- Representation – raising issues on behalf of sector groups and communicating key information, supporting organisations to influence things like commissioning and service development
Who can access support?
The service is open to any group or organisation that is not set up to generate profits for individuals – although we do connect with businesses to create good cross-sector relationships.
That means we work with charities, community groups, social enterprises and co-operatives. We can also provide support and guidance to people that are planning to set up a new group.
Tags: Organisation; Group; Support; Setting up; Getting started; Funding; CIC; CIO; Social Enterprise; VCSE; Charity
Page last updated: 17 February 2021
Did you find what you were looking for? Please send us feedback.